Scans the full bed (A2+, 18½ x 25 inch) at
300 dpi color in less than three seconds
Scan transparent material of all kinds with the WT25-BACKLIGHT option, such as X-rays,
glass negatives, 35 mm microfilm aperture cards, sepias, cutout stencils and film. The revolutionary 3D scanning mode enables new applications in the printing and industrial inspection markets.
The new scratch resistant, non-reflective glass plate has been expanded to reach the edges of the scanner, making it 100% protective of the documents laid on it.
The optional backlight unit replaces the standard scanner lid and is easily assembled.
Users can scan with or without the backlight by simply switching the light on or off.
The backlight lid can be purchased separately for customers who already own a WideTEK 12-650.
• Fits on any desktop: 31 inch depth, only 6 inches more than the scanning area.
• Captures 3D surfaces for industrial quality inspection: material weaves, patterns and textures, Braille print, etc.
• Optional backlight unit for transparencies, fi lms, photos, X-rays
• Two LED lamps with diffusors, no warm up, IR/UV free
• Large color WVGA touchscreen for simple operation
• Scan2USB for walk up scanning to USB 3.0,
Scan2Print for output to any connected printer,
Scan2Network for output to network drives,
• Automatic crop & deskew, on the fl y rotation of images
• Real time display & modifi cation of images without having to rescan
• Easy installation via Scan2Net® technology
Backlight Unit for X-rays, film, negatives and more
The WideTEK® 25-650 brings you an even higher return on investment with the addition of the WT25-BACKLIGHT option for scanning transparent material of all kinds, like X-rays, glass negatives, 35mm microfilm aperture cards, cutout stencils, sepias and film.
Above is an example of the various media scanned with the backlight unit.
The scans are at the top and the source material below.
The optional backlight unit replaces the standard scanner lid. It is easily assembled and users can scan with or without the backlight, depending on the source material requirements, by simply switching the light on or off. The unit can be purchased separately for customers who already own a WideTEK 25-650. If you are a service provider, this gives you even more ways to generate revenues with your WideTEK 25.
In the medical sector, operators can scan negatives, radiography, cardio plaques and larger paper documents in black and white, color or grayscale as required. The WideTEK 25 is compact, only (76cm, 30″) wide, so it will fit in any doctor´s office or hospital floor.
There are many film scanners available on the market for small image formats and even medium sized images, but in the large format range, film scanners are very rare and/or prohibitively expensive.
Municipalities, cadastral offices, oil companies, GIS services and other government agencies use the WideTEK 25-650 to digitize and archive a number of different types of documents. The WideTEK 25 is also ideal for photographers, galleries, advertising agencies and graphic artists to present and preserve their work in a digital format.
2D and 3D scanning
The revolutionary 3D scanning mode opens many new opportunities in the printing and industrial inspection markets.
The 3D scanning mode captures the texture of surfaces so perfectly that the scan on a screen looks like the real thing.
The WideTEK 25 has two LED lamps, twice as many as the competition. With their new diffusors, these lamps produce an extremely homogeneous illumination which eliminates all unwanted shadows caused by folds, wrinkles and other distortions of the scanned object.
It also comes with a built-in 64bit Linux PC running on an Intel i3 quad core processor and 8GB of memory.
Using the latest camera technology this scanner exceeds all criteria set forth in the FADGI *** and Metamorfoze light guidelines.
Simply put, there is no better large format flatbed scanner on the market than the WideTEK 25-650, with or without the optional backlight unit.
WideTEK® 25 Options
- Backlight unit for transparencies, films, photos, X-rays.
Replaces the standard lid and includes power supply.
Download the WT12/WT25-BACKLIGHT brochure here.
- Foot Switch — Hardware option for batch scanning
- Batch Scan Wizard — Software option for high volume scanning
- Scan2iPF — Software option for direct and fast copy to imagePROGRAF
- Scan2EDIT — Software option for scanning and image processing in a single step
- Scan2ICC — Subscription for ICC color management and profiles
- TWAIN Interface — Software interface option
- Use touchscreen enhanced versions of ScanWizard, PrintWizard and EasyScan with Scan2Net firmware version 6.30 and later with a full HD external touchscreen and view your scan results in high definition.
Download the HD Touchscreen brochure here.
- Attach external monitor for instant preview
- Scan2OCR — Background OCR option for Scan2Net scanners (Only in connection with ScanWizard)
- Full Coverage Warranty — Up to 5 years, free spare parts & more
WideTEK® 25 Functions
- 18.5 x 25 inch or ISO/DIN A2 scan of full document bed in less than 3 seconds
- Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze light, ISO 19264-1
- Borderless glass plate prevents bent edges on source documents. Scratch resistant & non-reflective
- 48 bit color depth
- Captures 3D surfaces, textures of various materials, Braille print
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Small footprint, 35% smaller than the previous model
- 30 inch width, only 5 inches more than scanning area
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Scan2Print — Copy to networked printers or hot folders
- Scan2Network — Output to network resources, SMB, FTP
- Output formats: PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, multipage PDF and TIFF, DICOM and many more
- Scan2Pad® — Operation via tablet, smartphone or other mobile device
|Maximum Document Size||max. 635 x 470 mm (25 x 18.5 inches),
19% > DIN A2
|Autoformat Size Recognition||yes, crop & deskew|
|DIN Format||DIN A5 – DIN A2|
|ANSI Format||Legal, US C|
|User Defined Format||yes|
|Scanner Resolution||1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Optical Resolution||1200 x 600 dpi|
|Pixel Dimension||9.3 x 9.3 µm|
|Scan Speed Color||Maximum document size @ 300 dpi < 3 s
Maximum document size @ 600 dpi < 6 s
|Scan Speed Color 3D||Maximum format @ 300 dpi < 6 s|
|Color Depth||48 bit color, 16 bit grayscale|
|Scan Output||24 bit color, 8 bit color indexed, 8 bit grayscale, bitonal, enhanced halftone|
|File Formats||Multipage PDF (PDF/A) and TIFF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PNM, PNG, BMP,
TIFF (Raw, G3, G4, LZW, JPEG), AutoCAD DWF, JBIG, DjVu,
DICOM, PCX, Postscript, EPS, Raw data
|Scan Modes||Plain with diffused illumination, 3D with visible surface texture, any combination of the two|
|ICC Profiles||Embedded ICC profiles for sRGB, Adobe RGB, native|
|Quality||Exceeds FADGI *** guidelines, Metamorfoze light, ISO 19264-1|
|Computer||64 bit Linux, Intel i3, quad core processor,
8 Gigabyte RAM, 320GB HDD for extra large jobs
|Touchscreen||7 inch color WVGA (wide VGA) touchscreen|
|USB Port||1 USB Port 3.0|
|Interface||1 GBit Fast Ethernet with TCP/IP based Scan2Net® interface|
|Camera||2x Tri-Color CCD camera, 45,000 pixels, encapsulated and dust-proof|
|Light Source||Dual LED lamps with white LEDs, integrated optical diffusor, no IR/UV radiation
Declaration about the Emission of UV and IR radiation
|Lamp Lifetime||50,000 h (typ.)|
(H x W x D)
|225 x 760 x 795 mm (8.9 x 29.9 x 31.3 inches)|
|Weight Scanner||45 kg (100 lbs.)|
|Electrical Connection||100-240 Vac, 47 – 63 Hz (external power supply,
complies with ECO standard CEC level VI)
|Power Consumption||< 0.5 W (Sleep) / 4.8 W (Standby) /
35 W (Ready to scan) / 72 W (Scanning)
|Operating Temp||5 to 40 °C (40 to 105 °F)|
|Rel Humidity||20 to 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Noise||< 42 dB(A) (Scanning) / < 32 dB(A) (Standby)|